doula huna (doola hoona) provides holistic support for your mind body transformation. Whether you are preparing to consciously birth your baby and require practical knowledge, understanding and emotional support or preparing to rebirth your life with the support of bodywork, doula huna is here to support your process to an empowered life.
Kahuna pregnancy massage is a Polynesian full body massage. It is a safe and honouring session working to release stress and tension held on a physical, emotional and mental level of an individual. It is a beautiful meditative experience that allows a natural, loving bond to develop between mother and baby. A deep connection is established between mother and the tender soul she is carrying. A field of love and nurturing envelops the mother and permeates to touch the child within, creating a bond of love and oneness.
I prepare a nurturing and healing atmosphere and the massage soothes mother and baby alike.
Benefits of Kahuna Pregnancy Massage
- Helps mom eliminate waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory systems. This combats fatigue and improves energy levels
- Kahuna pregnancy massage is a circulatory massage which eases the load on mom’s heart and assists to keep blood pressure normal
- Muscular discomfort such as cramping, tightening, stiffness, tension and knots can all be alleviated during the massage
- Lactic acid and cellular waste products are flushed out of the various systems which alleviates muscle fatigue
- The treatment can help alleviate depression and or anxiety caused by hormonal changes
- Typical discomforts during pregnancy such as headaches, backaches, leg cramps, stiffness in the neck, edema and swollen ankles can all be relieved by massage
- Kahuna pregnancy massage is excellent preparation for the birth itself. It increases muscular flexibility and tone which supports the birthing experience.
- Massage promotes relaxation which assists the mother to sleep more deeply. A relaxed mother is more likely to have a happy and healthy pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Massage is supportive during the birth as well to keep the mom more comfortable. It is also very beneficial after the birth to help her regain her strength and to ease postpartum stress.